Saturday, March 2, 2013

I Get to Attend a Poetry Reading by Seamus Heaney!

...You are neither here nor there, A hurry through which known and strange things pass As big soft buffetings come at the car sideways And catch the heart off guard and blow it open

 - From the poem "Postscrip," by Seamus Heaney


For a poetry lover, picking a favorite poet can be akin to a mother picking a favorite child.   But Seamus Heaney is certainly up at the top of my list!   So when my husband told me that he would be doing a poetry reading in our city, I flipped out!  I've never been gaga over movie stars or musicians, but I'm just a tad teenagerish when it comes to this. 

If you want to see why I love his poetry, you can get a taste of Seamus Heaney's Poetry here.

And if you happen to be driving distance from Waco, you can find details here on the when and where so you can come hear this Nobel prize winning poet too.



No comments:

Post a Comment