Thursday, December 2, 2010

My Son's Scribbleprints

There are some things your kids will do that will just melt your heart.
This is one of them.


Remind you of anything? My seven year old is making Scribbleprints!
No prompting...he decided to do this all on his own.
We thought the one above looked like a clover, and we got
to talk about discovering pictures in the scribbles.  :-)


This one he patterned after my Cross design (which is on a magnet up 
in the corner).  I think his cross is beautiful!  If you look in the pattern you can
make out his original scribble and see how he filled in areas on the side, and I   
like the types of patterns this made.  This one might have to go straight from the fridge to a frame.


This picture is 100% his own creation.  I think his snail is precious and love
how he made Scribbleprint letters with it too! 


I guess you could say this proves even a child can do Scribbleprints...but, I already knew that.  There are things you do you want your child imitating and things  you don't.  My son imitating my art makes my heart smile.  I know as he continues to draw and paint and craft he'll come up with his own style and niche that is just his, and I look forward to seeing that develop.  But for now I feel proud to know he likes the art I do enough to try it for himself.



2 comments:

  1. I love kids art and I love doodling. This combines both - love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete