Friday, March 2, 2012

A St. Patrick's Day Journey (With Linky)

Hello!  Last year I began wonder how St. Patrick's Day was and still is celebrated AS a religious holiday, and decided to start a linky to inviting those who celebrate St. Patricks Day as a Holy Day, not just a holiday, to share their ideas, traditions, crafts and reflections on St. Patricks Day.

I'm continuing this event this year...quite literally.  See, the linky I created last year I didn't end until St. Patricks Day THIS year.  I didn't want to loose last year's links, but there's plenty of room for more, so I just decided to invite you all to keep adding to it!

I'd love to see posts about...

  • St. Patrick or the History of St. Patrick's Day
  • Christian St. Patrick's Day Tradions
  • Relevant St. Patricks Day crafts or activities
  • Relevant religious art
  • Reviews of films or books about St. Patrick or St. Patrick's Day.
  • St. Patricks Day Devotionals
  • Irish Blessings
  • Discussions of anything about this holiday from a Christian perspective.
Also ok...
  • Clover crafts, especially three leafed clover crafts
  • Traditional Irish recipes
  • Other St. Patricks day crafts, recipes and activities that, while not religious, could be enjoyed by someone celbrating this as a Holy Day.
    What isn't appropriate...

    Though posts don't have to be specifically religious in nature for this linky I'd prefer not to have posts focused on beer, luck, and leprechauns, unless they are discussed from a Christian perspective.  Examples:
    • NOT APPROPRIATE: A recipe for green beer, just by itself.
    • OK:  A post which discusses how drinking has been part of Christian celebrations including St. Patricks day, which also happens to have a recipe for Green Beer. 
    If you have more than one post that you'ld like to include, feel free to post as many as you'ld like.  Old posts are fine too (just don't repost one I already have)!  A link back is appreciated but not required. Or just grab the button code below:








    I'm also linking up with Susie QT's St. Patricks Day Blog Hop.
    And you can find even more St. Patties Day Linkies here.

    4 comments:

    1. Gale, thank you for inviting me to join your St. Patrick's Day Blessings journey. I'm pleased to join the discussion and learn more about this holiday from the other participants.

      Debra

      ReplyDelete
    2. Gale, Thank you so much for the invitation to join your party! I have shared my Irish Soda Bread. Thank you for hosting!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thank you for the Link Up. I did link a new post and added your button to my previous links. Sorry about that. God bless!!

      ReplyDelete