Saturday, November 28, 2009

Yvonne's Tea Cafe - Review

I recently discovered a fun tea shop called Yvonne's Tea Cafe. Yvonne and I did some bartering -- she traded a sampling of various teas and flavored honey sticks for one of my Sleep Deprived Parent/Tantrum Zone Mugs. I haven't gotten a chance to try everything she sent yet yet, but here's what I've tasted so far...

Herbal Teas (Caffeine Free)


Cinnamon Apple Chamomile Herbal Tea
This was like drinking a slice of apple pie! Seriously yummy! If you wanted to introduce your kids to tea, this would be a good one to start with. And since it's Caffeine Free it won't give them the bouncy bouncies.

Mango Passionfruit Herbal
Had a nice pleasing aroma, but the tea itself was not as fruity as I expected, and I didn't care for the undertaste of licorice (but if you like licorice that wouldn't bother you).

Flavored Black Teas


Chocolate Mint
LOVED the chocolate mint tea. It had a mellow mint flavor with a smooth taste, more subdued than some of the pungent mint teas I've tried in the past. The chocolate flavor was subtle but noticeable, and the flavor blended well with taste of the black tea. I also liked the aroma of this tea...one I could just sit over and smell for ages.

Peach Apricot
This tea had a nice rich smooth taste. I liked how the fruity flavor blended with the taste of the black tea.

Strawberry
In 7th grade our English class hosted an English tea party (connected to some book which I've now forgotten), and my mom went out and got some strawberry tea for me to bring to class. I loved its strong fruity taste, and that started my love of tea. So, this tea probably didn't stand a chance against the tea of my memory. The strawberry taste of Yvonne's tea was lighter, and overshadowed by the taste of black tea.
___

These were all bagged tea. She also sells loose tea and tea accessories. I'll be sharing a review of the honey sticks and the other teas she sent once I've tried them.

I liked that you can order samples of any individual tea you want to try, which makes it easy to try lots of different teas from her shop. And, don't worry, the "tagless" bag samples come in little labeled baggies so you can tell what they are.

And guess what! On her blog this month she giving away a mug and peppermint tea to one of her followers. There's only a couple days left and not many followers yet, so you have a good chance of winning if you follow...plus it's worthwhile to follow anyways because she often posts freebies and sales there.

No comments:

Post a Comment