And then, I tried a picture of a rose that had found it's way through our fence from our neighbors yard. It looked nice...but was missing something. I decided to try the cartoonize filter (same as posterize on Adobe).
And wow...this showed up...
There's this little thrill that goes up my spine when I try something and it turns out really well. I loved how it came out. It really looked painted (unlike a lot of photos I've tried this technique on). Even the fading that comes with making a design seamless worked here, making it look like the flowers were painted on the wood, and weather had faded the paint after time.
It looks good on wrapping paper, but I tried it on some other items and think it looks even better on these....
I'd love to hear what you think! And bloggers and webmasters, if you like this, you can use it as a background on your blog. Just please read the terms below.
You may use either the graphic at the beginning of this post or the smaller one below for use as an online background or desktop background, with a few restrictions: No commercial use allowed except using it as a background on a website or blog that makes money. It may not be sold as a graphic or used in any printed product or publication. Please also let me know where/how you used it by leaving me a comment here (just cause I'm curious), and if used on a website or blog, credit Scribbleprints with a link back to this blog.
For any use not specifically allowed above, please contact me.